There is a huge amount of information, beliefs and approaches around supporting those diagnosed with cancer. This course aims to highlight some incredibly useful and accessible techniques and approaches that underpin a successful relationship and help those needing assistance through reflexology.
The course covers the emotional, theoretical and practical factors
Subjects covered include:
- Essential concepts around working with people diagnosed with cancer
- Facts and myths
- Supporting carers
- Health and wellness concepts
- Practical, theoretical and safety information
- Working in a clinical environment
- Reflexology at home
- Different approaches to stages of the journey
- Building confidence and knowledge
- Real-life experiences
- Approaches used in cancer and palliative care
- Understanding the emotional and energetic implications
Sue Ricks has a great deal of personal experience of working to support people diagnosed with cancer through her clinical role, working with friends and family experiencing the life challenges of cancer plus her work in children’s hospitals
The course draws on the aspects of care that have provided personal and professional care for all those wishing to help people at all stages of their disease including:
- Coping with diagnosis
- Health advice for the person and other family members
- What really makes a difference if there is a progression of the disease
- Palliative/terminal care
The techniques used will be specific Gentle Touch Reflexology techniques for students to watch in demonstration and then undertake during supervised practice sessions.
This course has been adapted and is now available to complete over on the Sue Ricks Academy. Click here to subscribe to the Sue Ricks Academy and access the course.