Sometimes it can be challenge to know what to do next. Maybe you have lots of great ideas and do not know where to start or maybe you have too many “jobs” to do.
I have recently read a great book called “Do it tomorrow!” I was surprised at the title however I love the principles contained in it. The ideas are that you break jobs down into very small chunks and then only agree to do what you know can be done. It’s core element id build on the success mentally. You set yourself up for success! You agree with yourself what is possible. There are some great tips too like saying something like “I will just decide where to start” or “I will open one piece of post”, and lo and behold you have done some of the project or opened one if not more piece of post. It fools your brain and you get more done! I was recommended this book by a fabulous friend who I respect and admire. I have seen the difference it has made to me and have also recommended it to my sister too. Both of us have found it challenging and yet brilliant! We still get side tracked but not half as mush and our efficiency has gone up too. What’s’ more it’s fun!
Click here to see it on Amazon.
I was telling another friend about it last night and said I would also send her some quotes I have collected over the years about it.
Here they are:-
· I’m going to stop procrastinating … once I get around to it.
· Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.
– John Lennon
· Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be overcome first.
– Anonymous I
· In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.
– Theodore Roosevelt
· Procrastination is the thief of time.
– Chinese Proverb